Friday, February 3, 2012

Quick Fitness Update

Ugh I am so bad about keeping a blog....

Anyway I want to update my healthy journey status. I started this journey on January 1st, 2011 with some Wii and Turbo Jam. May 1st I started hard core with Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. When I finished my first round on September 18th, I was down 35 pounds and smaller than I had ever been as an adult. I kept working out but had a bit of a slow down from then until December, losing only 5 more pounds. Then December was awful. The combination of holidays and a wisdom tooth removal had me put those 5 pounds right back on.
So I recieved P90X2 as a gift and decided I would start that on January 1st. Those 5 pesky pounds quickly came back off with Phase 1 (plus I got my eating back on track). Now I am finishing up week 1 of Phase 2 and the weight is dropping again. I am down another 2 pounds (a lot considering I am now past my original goal), and I am seeing more definition in my arms and abs. Plus I am determined to do a real pull-up by the time I am done with this.
I have decided that it doesn't really matter what program/workout you choose when trying to lose weight or get in shape. It matters that you commit yourself to it, put 100% into each workout, and make sure to change things up every once in a while. And it helps to enjoy it, too. I actually look forward to my workouts every day and miss them on my rest days.


So here is an updated collage. Not seeing big changes anymore, but...



No comments: