Monday, October 6, 2008

Drumroll Please

We had the boys' conferences this afternoon. Ben was first. His teacher went over the stuff he knows first- letters, shapes, colors, etc. He knows all his colors, some shapes, a few letters, and no numbers. I'm not really concerned because he has 2 more years before kindergarten. I really just wanted to know about his behavior. Good news! He is decidedly not the naughty kid, and he got an "always" for keeping his hands to himself. He has his moments where he needs reminders, but nothing unmanagable. That is all I can ask for at this point. I am so happy with his progress.

Joey next. We walked in, sat down, his teacher showed us several papers with stars on them, said he is doing great in reading, great in math, hard worker, great listener, she has no concerns. The only thing I asked about was social and she said even there he is doing well- seems to play with other kids when he has a chance. Also a very happy conference.

Not that I expected differently, but it was a good day at school today. I am so proud of my boys.

No comments: