Saturday, September 15, 2007

Things You Should Know About Me

September 11, 2007 - Tuesday

This blog, though technically "public" is really for my friends and family, so that is my audience. That being said, many of you know these things about me, but I need to write about them right now.
1. I take things personally. If someone is upset with me, then I am upset. (Maybe that's 2 things.)
2. I will always apologize when I make a mistake, and I expect the same of others. I know that no one is perfect, so when we make mistakes, we say sorry and move on.
3. I am a perfectionist. I expect myself to not ever be wrong. However, see 2. I can forgive others long before I forgive myself.
4. I suffer from depression. I am medicated, but some days are better than others. Especially when something happens involving 1-3. Once I get upset, it starts feeling like that song: "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms." I know in my brain that everyone hasn't suddenly turned against me, but in my heart I need to curl up in a ball and sleep until, say, midwinter.
5. I tend to say inappropriate things sometimes. If you are offended by something I've said, please ask me what I mean, because I would never say something to purposely offend anyone.
6. I'm the most non-confrontational person I know (but I'm getting better).

Okay that's enough introspection for today. I feel much better now.

I took the boys to the park the other day, and of course Ben had to do everything Joey was doing, so he scared me a few times. At one point he was standing on top of this high twisty thing, and said "look at me mommy, my husband does this."
"Who????"
"My Joey."
"But what did you say the first time?"
"Joey is my husband."
The logic of a 3-year-old.

No comments: