Thursday, September 20, 2007

What's My Purpose?

When I sit down and stare at this blank page, I start to wonder what I do all day and where is the signifigance? I know I've been super busy. Between planning lessons, teaching classes, taking a class, working on my business, organizing this open house, trying to keep up with my household chores, maybe spend a little time with the kids, working out, I don't know where the day goes. And I was just reminded today that I signed up at Joey's school to take care of the soup labels that are collected. But it all seems to start to run together. What am I doing that is important? I was reading today about a woman who is fighting cancer. I also read about a friend who is going to be a surrogate. I need a purpose right now. I have to step back and decide what is important (probably not playing on the computer), and rearrange how I go through my day. That means getting better organized to start with. Then what? I have a couple ideas about volunteering my time. My goals for this week: Commit to one volunteer opportunity, have a successful craft show Saturday, get October lesson plans done, paint the town with flyers for the open house, get started on these soup labels, make a whole bunch of song cards for my class, help Heather find her right house, get a new vacuum (and vacuum the house), empty the kitchen table, work out at least every other day, and take a little, but not too much, time for myself. Hopefully there is something important in there. One step at a time.

I do have two exciting things that happened today: I signed up my first consultant with Once Upon A Family! Yay! I have worked hard and want so much for this to be successful, but I was getting discouraged that not very many people have the same passion I do. Well, Barb does. I look forward to her success as well as mine.
Also I did a scholastic book order with my classes and it was almost $500 dollars! That's huge. We are going to get so much free stuff for our classroom!

Until another day. Keep smiling.

No comments: