Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy President's Day

*The sickness is making it's rounds here at our house. Considering none of us gets sick very often (besides Ben's asthma), it's been extremely not fun. First I got a nasty cold complete with fever that lasted 4 days. Then Ben got it, and the poor baby can't breathe through his mouth or nose. Now Joey, who has not missed a day of school since he started, hasn't eaten anything in 36 hours. He threw up over the side of his top bunk Saturday night (sorry for the image), and ran a pretty high fever all day yesterday. Today I'm trying to at least get him drinking so he doesn't end up in the hospital. I feel so bad for my babies when they are sick. It is just not a pleasant experience, especially when you are not used to it.

*I finished the greatest book yesterday: The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. If you have the time and patience for a 700 page book, I highly recommend it. I'm not going to give anything away, but it covered many relevant ideas and was very readable.

*Friday night we had a Sweetheart Dinner at school. It went well but I had a moral dilemma that I am now feeling horribly guilty about. There was a drawing for prizes. People could buy tickets for $.50 or 3 for $1. The prizes were mostly cheap, white elephant gifts from our houses. (It was a fundraiser for our scholarship fund.) So if your name was drawn, you got to go choose a prize. Well, as I was drawing names, I kept pulling the same names over and over again. So I threw some repeats back and tried to find new names to win a prize. I wasn't trying to cheat, and I wasn't trying to take anything away from anyone, but these kids are 3 and 4 years old. They don't really understand that not everyone can win something. So, we're certainly doing something different next year, but should I apologize to the families? I realize now that it was supposed to be a random drawing and I didn't follow the rules. This has just been eating at me. I wasn't trying to do anything wrong, but I screwed up again at work.

*My sister has been back in the hospital and back in labor, but as of right now the contractions have slowed way down again and hopefully she'll be coming home again with the baby still in her tummy. We're hoping at this point to get at least past the 32 week point (and the baby shower).

1 comment:

Sarah Doyle said...

hope you all are better soon. I sure hope Heather can hang in a little longer too!