Friday, May 8, 2009

Shhhhh

I'm sitting here on this beautiful Friday afternoon in a totally silent house. The boys are at school and the hubster had to go to Wisconsin for work. Silence is golden. I've been really needing some me time, but I'm not really sure what to do with it (besides update my blog). The only bad thing is that I have to take care of the pigeons. I had to mix some food, carry it into a pen with 40 hungry birds, take the lid off the feeder while 40 hungry birds flew around my head, put the food in the feeder while 40 hungry birds tried to jump into the feeder, pull the birds out of the feeder, and get the lid back on without squishing anyone. Mission accomplished, but I still feel like there is something fluttering around me. Shiver. The things I am willing to do for my husband. And. He also has to go to Colorado and Texas and maybe somewhere else when he gets back. Guess when he will be leaving? That's right. Mother's Day. And do you think there will be a gift or treat or anything involved. No. No. And no. I am so not appreciated. But don't worry. I plan on a BIG vacation come next spring break. And I plan on making all the plans with or without him. Yeah.

So anyway, the silent house is calling me. I'm going to go either relax or workout. (I know this is all I talk about right now, but I haven't missed a day working out in 2 weeks. Very sore, especially in my booty right now, but I feel good and I know I'm going to get thin. Eventually.)

Joey: We got 4 My Weird School books from the library Wednesday night, and by last night he was done with 3 of them. He tells me: "I love reading!" Just like his Mama.

Ben: The other day I brought him his Hawaiian shirt to wear. He said: "I want to go to Hawaiian."
Well, it's really expensive and really far away. Maybe in a few years.
"I'm going to save all my tooth fairy money when my teeth fall out and then we can go to Hawaiian."
OK


Update: I ended up using my "me" time to scrub the bathroom and do laundry, as well as speak to my son's school about his naughty naughty thing he did today- apparently he decided that it might be a good idea to pee in the heat register instead of the toilet at school. He thought wrong. He is sooo grounded when he gets home. I'm sure I'll see the humor in this soon, but right now I am so embarrassed. And if you know my kids, you know which one did it. Grrr.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

He gets an A+ for creativity ;)