Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm Not Complaining....

But it has been a rough week. No updates because I couldn't bear to talk about it. Right now while I'm numb I'll try to fill you in (more on that in a minute).
It started on Tuesday when my monthly friend arrived. During class. Complete with irritability and cramps.
Then I had my review after my morning class. It really went ok, but see previous problem. I was very sensitive to any negative comments and left feeling a little down.
The boys have been very resistant to helping clean up their toys so I've been getting really frustrated with them, and then feeling like a bad mom for yelling. Endless cycle repeated itself a few times this week, but as of today we seem to be back on good ground.
Then Tuesday night my tooth started hurting. On Wednesday it throbbed every time I moved. On Thursday it was Thanksgiving- no dentist. On Friday I woke up with a fat lip. Great. Definitely an infection. Still had to go out of town for my Dad's Thanksgiving dinner, then Saturday to my mom's. We had a good time at both despite my being in constant pain. At least I could eat, it didn't hurt any worse as long as I didn't bite down hard on my front teeth. Finally today is Monday. Called the Dentist at 8, got an appointment at 10. He looked at it for a minute, said yep, you have an abcess and need a root canal. Let's get that going. So I had a root canal this morning. Yay. The worst pain was the numbing needle and it was over in less than half an hour. Now I am home with a prescription for antibiotics and vicodin for when the numbness wears off. Hopefully this will be the start of a better week.
But now I can't work out! So I might need a few more days to get in a better mood.
And I didn't get my Christmas decorations up this weekend because all I could do was lay around:(
Hope everyone else is doing better than me.


PS Yesterday's Workout:
Turbo Jam Cardio Party, 43 minutes, 500 calories

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Bum.mer

What you need is teenagers...despite my Christmas laziness, Kristina has decorated my MIL's and has both trees up at our house and some outdoor lights :) Maybe I could loan her to you...hope your feeling tip top soon!

Candi Tardio said...

sorry to hear about your tooth :(