Friday, January 16, 2009

25 Things About Me

1. I've always wanted a hammock. My ideal summer afternoon would be spent laying in the hammock reading a book with sun on my skin.
2. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed that I am a Mom. In a good way. I can't believe I made these boys.
3. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed that I am a Mom. In a bad way. I think I'm doing everything wrong.
4. My self-confidence is shaky at best most days.
5. I'll read almost any kind of book: Oprah's picks, horror, romance, historical fiction, science fiction, chick lit, action, literature.... My favorite is probably historical fiction.
6. I really like being a teacher, but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have a job with less pressure.
7. I need lots of sleep to function regularly. Like 9 to 10 hours might be good enough.
8. I almost never wear make-up. I never learned how to make it look natural and good.
9. I've been thinking about braces for my crooked fangs - my teeth are my feature that I like the least.
10. I don't bite my fingernails, but I pick them and never let them grow more than a quarter inch.
11. I research my family tree even though I am close to very few members of my family.
12. My dream vacation is a cruise, specifically a Disney Cruise. Maybe in a few more years.
13. Once in middle school, a girl who was supposed to be my friend slapped my face. That's the closest I've ever gotten to a physical fight. (I laughed and walked away.)
14. I question my faith frequently. Not because of bad things happening, but because I forget and try to bring logic into it.
15. One of my pet peeves is toothpicks. My husband thinks it is hilarious to aggravate me by talking with a toothpick in his mouth.
16. I really like to make people laugh and tend to adopt other people's humor styles that I admire. The best thing is making little kids laugh.
17. I have no eyelashes. Well, not literally, but you'd have to look hard (see #8).
18. My favorite foods are cereal and cheese pizza. Adventerous, huh?
19. My husband and I like watching According to Jim and Everybody Loves Raymond so we can laugh at the similarities in our relationship. He is so Jim.
20. I have 3 recurring nightmares- one where I drive off a cliff and wake up with my stomach in my throat, one where I show up somewhere with no shirt or bra on, and one where I have to use the bathroom but there isn't one around so I have to "improvise."
21. I am a procrastinator. I usually accomplish what I need to, but not until the last minute.
22. I wish I could sing. Being in the choir at church would be so cool to me.
23. I don't drink pop and I get really annoyed when I hear "stop drinking pop and you'll lose 10 pounds".
24. I'm really an old person in a young person's body. We go to Stockholm Inn for lunch or dinner every Friday, ask for our regular waitress, and order the same thing each week.
25. I'm at the end of my introspection abilities here. Now tell me something deep about you:)

No comments: