Thursday, January 15, 2009

Something to Say

Akk, it's been over a week again! I'm a baaad blogger. And the crazy thing is I get mad at other people for not updating their blogs. Come on!

Not much going on here. Today was no work due to the record low temps and wind chills (can you say 40 below 0?) and tomorrow looks to be the same. I was able to work out twice today in between laying around in my pjs all day. I've still been good, doing at least 30 minutes a day on Wii Fit and Turbo Jam a couple days a week. Still no weight loss, but.... Starting to think my body really likes being in the 180's. Ohhh, I said my weight. I feel very liberated now.

Monday I went back to the dentist for a follow-up on my root canal. My gums were still swollen and tender, and the procedure hurt worse than the original visit. My mouth is still sore and swollen, but now I am on a different antibiotic. Hopefully it starts working soon, because he said the next step is surgery. Um, ouch. No thank-you. All for a little tooth-ache.

We find out next month about the whole director job question, and I've pretty much decided that I'd like to go back to being assistant director. I got a part-time job for a reason, and the pressure and stress are more than I want to deal with right now. We've had some minor drama the last couple weeks and it really convinced me that I am happy just being a "worker bee." I get plenty of satisfaction from teaching the kids, and it looks like next year I might get to add a day to my classes. So don't worry about me. I'm not not standing up for myself (well maybe a little), I'm just choosing to be happy rather than stressed.

I tried to do Project 365 (taking a picture every day), but I only lasted the first 3 days of the year. Still taking pictures, just not every day. I knew I wasn't that organized. I have been keeping up with my gratitude journal, though. Today I am grateful for the furnace. Can you imagine living in a time or place without heat? I cannot, and for that I am truly grateful.

I haven't officially made an announcement on here, but my sister is having a baby! It is a boy and he is due in April. This past weekend we got creative and hand made baby shower invitations. It felt like it took the whole weekend, but they turned out really cute. Love my Cricut.

Ok, well that feels like a pretty good update. I solemnly swear to try to do better in the future (if you care to read). And I am going to upload some pictures very soon, too.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

I always care to read :) Thanks for sharing!