Tuesday, July 1, 2008

He's Just Fine

Well Sarah really says it all on her blog, but Joey had quite an adventure last night. He had his first ride in an ambulance (mine too) after falling off the bleachers and cracking his head at Jacob's baseball game. I will admit that I completely panicked when I saw the amount of blood coming out of his head and all over his hands. The thing I remember now is that he wasn't even crying that hard. His head didn't hurt so much as the blood freaked him out. He said later that he thought the bench had water on it and he got wet, but when he felt it he saw blood on his hands. And you know I had just gotten done telling them not to play on the top of the bleachers because I was nervous that they would fall and get hurt. Well, he didn't fall off the top, he reassured me several times. He was siting with his knees up to his chest and lost his balance. He only hit his head on the next bleacher (we think). Imagine if it had been the concrete 4 feet down. So that "possible" baseball game turned into quite a crazy night. At least we saw Jacob make a few plays. And thank God Joey wasn't hurt too badly. After we got home and took a bath last night, I decided we should take one more minute and pray our thanks that this incident turned out as well as it did. Makes me extra thankful for their good health every other day of the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear that joey is fine!!!