Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Addictions

I have many addictions, and although none of them are dangerous to my health (at least in the traditional sense), they do take up a chunk of my time.


There are the big ones, like scrapbooking and reading. If I don't have a book in hand and another waiting for me I feel lost. And I am constantly shopping for new scrapbook goodies, tools or ideas.


Then there's cereal. I loove cereal. I can eat it for at least two meals a day. And I love getting new cereals. When something new comes out, I am right on top of checking it out. Lately I have been eating Fiber One's Caramel Crunch, Special K Fruit and Berries, Toasted Oatmeal Squares (they have a new Maple and Brown Sugar flavor), and sometimes Kashi Blueberry Morning. Yummy. Now I need to go have a bowl of cereal.


Exercise. This one is wierd, I know, but when I get going I HAVE to exercise everyday or I think about it constantly until I can.


Yummy smells. I can't stand stink. I have a very sensitive nose (ask my husband) and yucky smells drive me bonkers. So I use candles, air fresheners, and fabric refreshers. I love Yankee candles and hate cheap off-brand candles. I like the new Febreeze air fresheners that have two different alternating scents because you can always smell them. I also like to spray my sheets with a scent before bed.


Quiet. Some people like white noise like a fan in the background. Not me. I love complete silence. The dehumidifier in the basement drives me crazy. The clock ticking in the living room when I'm trying to read sometimes puts me right over the edge. And don't get me started on the exhaust fan in the bathroom.


Chocolate. Duh. 'Nuf said.


Learning. This goes along with reading, but I love the thrill of figuring out something new, whether it be a new way to edit pictures, finding a new ancestor, a new child development theory, or just a new big word. I love it. If I felt like I had the time, I think I would go back to school just for fun.


Blogs and blogging. Do I really need to say how awesome it is to keep up with people I love (whether I know them or not) and express myself through writing on a regular basis? Some people think it is impersonal and perhaps egotistical to think people want to read about the boring details of your life, but I like reading the boring details of other peoples lives. And I still have personal connections, this is just another outlet.


Do you have weird addictions? Tell me about them.

No comments: