Wednesday, August 20, 2008

1st Grade is Way Harder than Kindergarten


Maybe it was dropping him off in the car instead of loading him on the bus, but I had a hard time leaving my baby at school today.He had to get out of the car and go to the playground by himself and then to his class by himself. I went to work for the 2 hours that he was at school but I was just sooo nervous for him that I couldn't get anything done. So we went back to pick him up half an hour early. Fortunately we weren't the only ones. There were several moms waiting for a while. When he finally came out at the end of the last line he looked so happy and proud. He was a big boy and handled all the independence just fine. I asked about his day and he said he was a little scared on the playground at first but then he found his buddies from kindergarten. He likes his teacher, can't wait to bring his lunch, learned that a penny is one cent, said the kids in his class were not too naughty (just one was a little crazy), and generally had a great first day.
Tonight I meet Ben's teacher and tomorrow he gets his first day. I'll update that tomorrow.

No comments: