Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Baby Got Picked On Today :(

Joey was telling me about his day in school today, and he quietly said "some boys laughed at me today."
"What happened?"
"They laughed because I pull my pants all the way down when I go potty." (Crying begins)
(Note here that Joey has always worried about drips in his underpants so he always pulls his clothes down so they're out of the way while he goes. He also waits a while to make sure all the drips are out before pulling his pants up. We know he's wierd. It's just one of his quirks. And Daddy warned me that he would get picked on, but we didn't think this soon.)
"Oh, honey"(insert breaking momma heart) "What did they say?"
"Nothing."
"Well how did you know they were laughing at you?"
"I just did."
"Did you you see who it was?"
"No, I was in the bathroom and heard them laughing."
A few minutes of this back and forth and I'm still not entirely convinced that they were laughing at him, but this evening we practiced going potty without pulling the pants down just in case. One of my biggest worries is seeing my babies not fit in or get picked on. Please, please, please let this be an isolated incident.

3 comments:

3 kids & us said...

hunter use to pee like that too. The drip thing was a issue for him.

Sarah Doyle said...

Jackson still gets picked on for things.. he is so sensitive. It is already the lisp and his hair and I guess today everyone made fun of him for big ears?? anyway.. kids are mean and it may happen again but just reassure him:)
poor baby!

Jacque said...

I hate to break the news to you, but just wait til middle school...I think that grade school gets em ready for middle school, and if you survive middle school, then you're priviledged enough to go to high school. I thought I'd keep a running side bar on my ketchup blog of the bullying this year at the middle school...yes?