Monday, November 10, 2008

Work Update

Most of you know that I am "interim co-director" of my preschool this year. It has been very up in the air what is going to happen after this year, though, which has had me very anxious. Well, a couple of weeks ago we had to meet with the board of directors who told each of us that there would not be co-directors next year. They either have to choose one of us or hire someone from outside. In order to make this decision, they will be doing observations, 2 appraisals in the next 3 months, and we have to write out what our goals would be as director. Shoot that anxiety level right up there. Oh, and they said that we should not look at it as a competition. Ha. So I really don't like competing for recognition and I'm not willing to be aggressive they way I think my co-director is. I'm just going to do my best and put my thoughts out there and then hope for the best. And I'm going to try not to be disappointed with whatever they decide (unless they decide to hire from outside - then I might need to look for a new job). Please wish me luck as I venture into scary territory at work. Thanks.

No comments: