Sunday, April 19, 2009

Poor Ben

Last night he came to our bed and he was breathing fast and wheezing a bit. He went to sleep, but was noisy so I slept the rest of the night downstairs. All day today he has had to have his inhalor every 3 hours, but when he had it at 5 it didn't work. By 6 he was begging me for more medicine. I was hoping to wait until tomorrow to take him to the regular Dr, but no such luck. Fortunately the Immediate Care was open til 8 so we headed down. Amazing how fast you get seen when a. you have breathing problems and b. they are ready to go home. We went back right away and his pulse ox was 91. Not good but not too scary. They gave him some steroids and a treatment and sent us home, with the stipulation that we go to the hospital if he still has a hard time breathing overnight. As soon as we got home I could hear him wheezing again already, so I think it is going to be a long night. Fortunately I don't have to go to work tomorrow and he has only missed one day of school all year so it won't be a big problem to stay home and rest.
Wish us luck getting some sleep tonight.
Thanks

No comments: