Friday, April 3, 2009

Job Updates

I finally have my permanent job title: Nursery Director. (Nursery is what we call our 3's program.) Basically nothing has changed- I got a small raise and I have the same duties. My co-director this year is now Preschool Director as well. So, nothing really new, but we have official permanent positions and can stop worrying about the future.
And now, exactly one day later, I have a parent complaint. Oy. Apparently, and I never realized this before yesterday, some Christians feel that Yoga goes against their beliefs. I had been doing Yoga for Kids (that I had learned in college) about once a month in gym class. A parent let me know that this is not ok with them, so now we are simply doing stretches and "Animal Poetry." Hopefully that will keep everyone happy:)

PS I found a new way to entertain the kids. They had never witnessed the washer draining before and found it very fascinating last night. I had about 30 minutes of peace and quiet while they stood by the washer waiting to watch the water come out. Woo-hoo.

1 comment:

Candi Billman said...

whoo hoo on the raise :)))