Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Can You Hear Me Now?

Sorry, life has been boring lately. This winter is really starting to get me down. I need sun. I need warmth. I'd like to go swimming. Outside. I had to readjust my happy pills because I was having the most horrible night sweats. After 2 months of waking up soaking wet each night but freezing all day, I decided to look up symptoms online. Turns out that one of the side effects of my med is night sweats. And, duh, they started about the time my dose was increased. So I have to get in to the Dr to get it figured out, but in the meantime I went back to my lower dose. Hmm, after 2 nights, no more night sweats. Works for me.

I know... I have some thing to be grateful for. I am grateful for my boys making me laugh every day. I can't even remember what they did today but I assure you it was funny. I am grateful for Once Upon A Family. I've been preaching to everyone about how it can change lives, but now that I've really started using it with the kids I have to say it is making a difference in our house. I am grateful for all the new friends I've been making. It has always been hard for me, so this is a big celebration. I am grateful for the old friends I have managed to stay in touch with. Also something I'm not good at. I am grateful for the flexibility of my new job. I asked if I could possibly have a Friday off to go to a conference and my boss let me know that I just have to let her know that I need a sub and it's done. Wow, that was new. I am grateful for heat in the car, in the house, at work.... I almost never feel warm, so I can't imagine how I would feel with no heat. I am grateful for the sun. Maybe it could visit us just a little more. I am grateful for whole wheat pasta and chicken. If we didn't have that, who knows what we'd be eating. I am grateful for body wash plus lotion. If I didn't have that this winter I would have crumbled away into ashes a long time ago. I am grateful for our allergist. Ben has been soo healthy this winter. I am grateful for all of our good health this winter. There have been so many illnesses going around and we have been fortunate to avoid them.
K. I'll try to be less boring in the future. Hope everyone is well and safe and happy. Good night.

No comments: