Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Joys of Blogging

You maybe didn't notice, but I have my weight loss ticker posted for everyone to see. And you may not have noticed that it was sitting quite still for several weeks. But I would like you to notice now that it has moved again. 10 pounds! Yippee. I have decided against throwing the scale as far as I can. I have decided against quitting, although I am taking a bit of a break from the strength training. I have decided against self-adjusting my meds. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow to let her figure that out for me.

Tonight I have a conference with Joey's teacher. Have I mentioned that she is great? I hope I'm not setting myself up to hate the rest of his teachers in the future. We have a lot more to meet. Anyway, Mrs Graber has children the same age as mine and the same sense of humor I have. I think she has just a teeny bit more patience than I do, and she has taught my son so many things in the short time she's had him. He is writing! Seriously, if there is something he wants to say he sits down and sounds it out and writes the words. Obviously invented spelling, but it is great. And he is reading Level 1 readers. He gets frustrated because it is slow going, but he reads a few pages each night.

Ben was good at school today. He even answered a question at circle time that no one else knew. Mommy was sooo proud. And he sat with the other kids instead of my lap for once.

I had the radio on this morning while I got dressed and the djs were talking about blogs. The male dj seemed totally against them, saying that people with blogs don't actually interact with real people and if they want to discuss their issues they should do it in person with people who know them. I obviously take exception to that as a blogger, but I wasn't able to listen to see if he got any positive or negative response to his comments. I think that blogging is for some people but not all, but that no one has the right to judgs me for doing something that I personally find important and fulfilling. I just discovered a new (to me) blog yesterday and spent several hours reading about this complete stranger. But I felt connected to her and that we were interacting even though we weren't "speaking" to each other. Check her out. Pioneer Woman link on the left. So anyway, that was my 2 cents about blogging. I'm sure everyone who reads this agrees, since they read and/or write blogs themselves. So Mr DJ, just leave us alone and we'll figure it out ourselves. (Oh, and the bonehead didn't know that "blog" comes from "web log", duhh)

1 comment:

Candi Tardio said...

10 lbs!!!!!! thats awesome!!! keep up the great work!!
i think i have put back on a few pounds :(