Friday, February 22, 2008

Diet Rage

The d*&% scale is really pi$$ing me off right now. I have lost NO weight in weeks. Despite working out 4 to 5 times a week and significantly changing my eating habits. I have what is called "Diet Rage." It is like road rage, except I am mad at the scale, my body, and other people who are more successful in their weight loss. I mean, seriously, I did an hour of Tae bo yesterday, 45 minutes Tuesday Monday and Sunday. The amount I sweated could at least add up to a pound. My effing body needs to realize that I am going to quit soon if I don't start seeing results.

Let's change the subject... Ben has been really ornry lately, telling us "I'm not going to do that" when we ask him to do something. Yesterday he was outside with Daddy waiting for Joey's bus to get home. The driveway was a solid sheet of ice (I'll save that for another story) so Daddy told Ben to go inside before he gets hurt. Ben said "I don't want to do that." He promptly fell on his bottom. Daddy said "See, that is why we want you to go in." Ben replied "Well, I didn't want to do that either." He did draw his first person yesterday at the Dr's office. It was two long legs with feet and a small head on top. So cute. And he can find his B anywhere but has no interest in learning any other letters. A bunch of the three year olds in his class know all their letters which I know is unusual, but it stresses me out a little about where Ben is.

Did anyone catch the lunar eclipse the other night? We talked about ahead of time and then I let the boys peek at it before they went to bed. It was really hard trying to explain to Joey what exactly was going to happen. He has moved past the age where we can just say "It just happens." I told him that the sun reflects on the moon and that the earth would block it for the eclipse. He asked why. He also wanted to know why it seems like the moon follows us when we are driving. Right now Daddy is watching a special about Teddy Roosevelt. Joey walked by when it showed a picture of an older woman. "Is that Grandma Moses?" What? How does my kindergartner know about Grandma Moses? Who is Grandma Moses anyway? Appparently she was an artist who is now dead according to Joey's art teacher.

I'm hoping for a fairly relaxing weekend. The last few have been busy, busy. The kids earned a trip to Nickelworld so we'll head there tomorrow, and I hope to get to a movie at some point, but other than that I want to stay home and veg a bit (between workouts, of course).

No comments: