Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Trip To England

I believe I may have brought this up before, but my husband is in the obsessive planning stage of a trip to England. And Paris. And Scotland. Without me. I've told him several times not to discuss details with me because my feelings are a little hurt about being left behind. With 2 children. At the beginning of summer. Alone. He insists, however, on telling people on the phone what the latest plans are, or watching touristy movies about all the cool things you can do over there, or bringing up the financial aspect and how much this is costing him. Ha, I say. It's costing you more than you think. You imagine me sitting at home for two weeks waiting for your butt to return. Ha! I'm planning my own itinerary as I type. If anyone has any really expensive suggestions, or wants to join me for some fun at the end of May, let me know. I'm a-vail-able. Hee-hee. That felt kinda good, but really what I'll probably end up doing is spending a lot of time at the (free) parks in town.
Anyway, he also wants me to share with him the location that my ancestors came from in Scotland so he can go see my castle. Um, no. I know it is going to be a long time before I get to make this trip, but I will be the one to visit my ancestor's castle. I do not want him to bring me back pictures of it. That kinda ruins the point. And he really just does not understand my point. Sometimes my husband has a difficult time putting himself in other people's shoes.
So that's my house these days. All excitement and anticipation on one side. All frustration and ire on the other.

No comments: