Sunday, March 2, 2008

Just Call Me Madame President

That's right. I was acting president yesterday at our genealogy society meeting. I had to lead the board meeting and stand up in front of everyone to conduct the regular meeting. I did great. I was a little nervous right before, but once I got up there it was fine. A little fun even. And my husband said I was hot. I don't think I'd go that far, but I am really proud of myself.

The boys have been fairly horrid this weekend. Ben is determined to push every button and Joey has his whiny voice on at all times. We tried to go to Sunday School this morning but Joey threw a fit when we got there so we had to leave. Then he threw a fit that we were leaving. That was fun. Daddy had even tried to come along for once.

I got my car fixed this afternoon by my mechanic husband. We got a check from the insurance company for $1300 and it only cost him $40 to fix it, so hopefully we'll be selling that soon and getting me a new car. I really like this. We'll see, though. We've never had a new, new car. And if it comes down to it I'd rather have the summer off than work for my new car. So maybe just a newer car.

Oh.. the Dr appointment... She suggested at first adding a medication to what I already take, but when I made a face she decided to try switching meds. So I'm transitioning right now and feeling a bit crabby and overwhelmed, but hopefully in the next week or two I'll be back to being a regular person. I've been missing myself. Hope to see her soon. Maybe she'll notice that my body is changing and improving and will be proud of me. I've lost 3 inches off my hips and waist and my pants are getting really baggy. I actually don't like this stage because my baggy pants make me look bigger, but I don't want to buy the next size down because I am quite sure I will be losing at least 2 more sizes. But hopefully it will start going faster now and I can buy new small pants soon.

Off to read bedtime stories and say prayers. (Please pray for Daddy. He has a job interview tomorrow to hopefully get out of the nasty job he is in right now.) After the kids go to bed I have a bunch of reading I want to do. Until next time...Good night.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

I am in the market for Nissan Quest. We rented one on vacation and loved it...I am a new Nissan fan...good luck car shopping...how exciting :)