Sunday, March 9, 2008

Great Big Fun

We had a great time on our one day "vacation" to the Dells. The kids both loved the water and the slides. We went on the family slide a few times and the lazy river. The last time we went to Magic Waters (a year and a half ago) Ben cried when water got in his face. Now he just laughs. I wish I had a water-proof camera. We didn't get any pictures of the water fun. Friday night after water play we got dressed and went to the arcade. They also had a play land like Sapora only way cooler that the boys loved. AND they had a rock climbing wall. Something I've always wanted to do. Well, dh did it first- apparently he thinks he's the man now that he's lost some wait- then he nagged me until I worked up the nerve to try it. I didn't have the right shoes so I had to borrow some, but they didn't have my size so I had to wear too big shoes to rock-climb. Not a good idea. I got about halfway up and couldn't get good footing because my shoes kept slipping off and one of the footholds was loose. Then I couldn't find a close enough handhold to grab. I held on for a few minutes because I did not want to give up, but I finally had to let go. :( I'm still proud of myself for trying and I'll definitely do that again.
Anyway- we got up Saturday and went to Denny's for breakfast (not my first choice but that's another story), then we came back and checked out before going for one more swim. After we got dressed we went to the arcade and playworld again. I let the boys go into the playworld by themselves and they were fine, except fot at one point I hadn't seen Ben for a while so I climbed up to look for him. When I got to the top, dh pointed him out on the first level, surrounded by four girls he was playing with. A hint of what's to come I imagine. Then we tried to win tickets. I put a coin in one and won 500 tickets! So the boys got to pick out some nice prizes. Daddy helped Joey pick out a whoopi cushion and all Ben wanted was candy, but eventually they got some fun toys and we were on our way. We tried to stop and get a vintage photo taken, but at this point it was afternoon, the boys were hungry and tired, the place was crowded and Joey threw a fit. We got lunch and headed home. The boys slept the whole way home. I'm happy because we all had fun the whole time (only the one minor tantrum) and we weren't gone long enough to feel like I need to recuperate.
Today I did laundry all day and went to the grocery store at 9 pm. I never go that late, and I was a little nervous in the parking lot. Plus there is a whole different type of customer at Walmart at that time of night. Mostly single men buying junk. And apparently that is when they stock because the aisles were crowded with pallets. But it sure was nice shopping by myself for once. Nobody asking me for everything they see, nobody squashing the bread before I can get it home, no tantrums in the store.
So that was my weekend. Hope everyone else had a good one. I hope I can post good news about dh's job soon. He thinks he'll hear early this week.

No comments: