Friday, March 21, 2008

Bad News, Good News

Well, Daddy did not get the job he has been hoping for and the boys have been praying for every night. We're telling ourselves it was not meant to be and something better is going to come along. For now, though, he has to go on nights for one month out of every three.

The good news is our tv is being replaced with an upgraded model so no more lines on the screen, the accident and insurance mess is behind us, it is almost spring (maybe), we are having lots of fun gettting ready for Easter, we had a nice day off today (all of us), and my sisters and I are getting together this week to get our pictures taken. I just got our school pictures back as well and the pictures of me turned out sooo good. I really don't like having my picture taken and usually pick apart every aspect of it, but I can't find anything wrong with me in these. I don't even have any pimples. Ben's pictures were great, too. Joey on the other hand- apparently Grandma dressed him on picture day and he is wearing black pants and a navy blue shirt. Other than that they look good...

Tomorrow night the Easter Bunny comes. This is as organized as I've been for Easter. The kids dyed and decorated eggs today, we're going to an indoor egg hunt tomorrow (due to the 5 inches of snow we got today), then after scrap night tomorrow night I'll hide the eggs and their non-candy baskets. They got books, super-heroes, a paint your own truck and a family night game. When we were doing the eggs, Joey wanted his to be bright: bright as the sun for yellow, bright as a pumpkin for orange. He also wondered if the "oak" would come out if we dropped them. They don't really eat a lot of eggs, what can I say?

I've been noticing that Ben is really learning about the way the world works. He asks questions about things I haven't even noticed. Tonight when Daddy was chewing at dinner he asked "what's that hard noise in your mouth?" It was crunchy fish. When we watch cartoons he points out that animals don't really talk. He reads books to himself and makes up stories to go with pictures. And he loves to pretend he is a daddy, without kids. You should hear the cute voices he makes when he is pretending to be someone else.

No comments: