Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Guilty

I am a horrible Easter Bunny! I am also a horrible friend who ruins other kids Easter Bunny beliefs! One more time- I feel horrible about this.
So I was thinking I did really good this year- I bought them toys and books and games to put in their baskets, we decorated eggs, and we went to egg hunts. Saturday night I hid the plastic eggs from the egg hunts and put out their baskets of goodies. Sunday morning I got up and also hid the real eggs. Joey apparently had seen the goodies in a Walmart bag sitting on the computer desk the day before (ok, so I'm not good at hiding things, either). So he was very enthusiastic for the hunt and his gifts, but a little while later he asked THE QUESTION. "Why were my toys already here if the Easter Bunny brought them this morning?" Um..because the Easter Bunny needed my help. "So you got my presents?" No..I just helped the Easter Bunny pick them out because he was busy. "But he still came and hid the eggs, right?" Right. And he still gave you your Easter Baskets. "But you got them." Oh boy.
And them later, Grandma tells the boys the Easter Bunny came to her house, too and left them Easter Baskets. Grr. I really don't like when she does that. I am the only Easter Bunny. Plus that raised more questions. So the Easter Bunny had time to go to Grandmas, but he couldn't get our baskets? I think he decided that Grandma bought his Easter Basket, but that the Bunny still was the one who hid his eggs. I think I am safe for this year, but I better get my game on for next year or it's going to be over.

Oh, and the friend's kids thing. I have a big mouth and started talking about being the Easter Bunny/Santa in front of them. Please, if I ever do that again just kick me. Hard. Or stuff something in my mouth. Or pull out a gun. I'm real sorry.

No comments: