Monday, September 29, 2008

I Wish Someone Else Took Pictures At My House...

'Cause you sure would have gotten a treat tonight. I was soaked, dirty, tired and wrastling with 4x4's in the rain this morning.
But let me start at the beginning. Daddy took Friday through Monday off work with the grand idea that he could install our entire privacy fence in that time. Do you see where I am going with this? Oh, and the boys really wanted to help. They even got their own work gloves.Well, with some help from his brother, Michael and friend, Jim (this was one of their short breaks)Friday he got a bunch of the posts cemented in, Saturday got panels up on two sides of the yard, and by Sunday night was still only halfway done cementing the third side. Here is before and after on the back. It looks so great.
And here is that nasty third side. The ground slopes so it has been difficult lining up the posts, plus the people who installed the original cut the old posts off at the ground rather than remove them so we had to dig some of those out.
Then when things seem to be going well, we hit a rock the size of a mountain. This sucker took a couple hours to get out.After that, it was pretty much the end of the day, and the end of Daddy's extra helpers. We decided that rather than have my planning time at school this morning I would stay home and help try to get this done. Of course it started raining the exact minute we started working, rained for a solid 3 hours, then quit when we stopped for lunch. We had piles of dirt all around the yard which turned into piles of mud that I kept slipping in. My gloves got so soaked that I had to wring them out. But I am very proud of myself. The panels you see in this next picture I installed.
And these are some of the old posts that I literally yanked from the ground with my own hands.

The boys? This is how they stayed busy Saturday afternoon. "Helping" got real boring after a while.

So, yeah, I wish someone would have taken a picture of me wet and filthy so I could have a memento of my contribution to this project, but I just have to satisfy myself with writing about it and taking pictures of everyone else.

No comments: