Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Life Is Good

Nothing really exciting going on, just been feeling like things are going well in many areas or our life right now:
*Ben has shown dramatic improvement in attitude and anger the last few weeks. All of his teachers report that he is doing really well and I have witnessed some great moments, like interacting with unfamiliar people and being purposefully nice to his Daddy and friends.
*We've gotten back into our routine which I apparently was really missing. I just feel so calm when I know whats happening next and what to expect of myself. I get up at the same time every day, go to bed at the same time, workout, watch some new shows, do a small amount of housework, read with the kids, read by myself,...it's just great. Sounds boring, but it is all I want out of life.
*Speaking of working out, I've been a beast on that front. I'm getting stronger and more confident, even though the scale isn't being my friend yet. With as much as I've been doing, there should be some results any day now.
*I finished reading the book of Matthew in the Bible last night and now will be going on to Proverbs, per Jacque's recomendation. I don't think I understand it all, but it is giving me a sense of peace to be doing something productive in that area.
*Daddy has been working hard at getting our new privacy fence installed. There is something about seeing your man work hard to improve your home that is just heartwarming.
*The only negative going on right now is the lack of a paycheck. I finally get my first paycheck next week, pretty much been broke since August. I try not to stress about it too much, I know it will be fine, but I'd sure like to have some money in the bank right about now.

*Oh, and Joey's pigeon died. Apparently we bought a sick bird and we couldn't make him well. Joey is not too traumatized, which is good since this will happen again (and again) with all the birds we will have.

No comments: