Monday, May 5, 2008

Dr Adventures

Well, Ben's appointment has been rescheduled for Thursday- the Dr was out sick today, but we still had lots of Dr excitement today. Joey started saying his tummy hurt while he was eating lunch. He finished eating and went to lay down for a few minutes but had to get ready for school. He was hunched over and moaning waiting for the school bus so I suggested that he probably shouldn't go to school like that. He cried. He didn't want to miss any school. He said he would feel better. Against my better judgement I sent him to school. I came in and called his teacher right away, though, to let her know what was going on. I had planned on going to work for a while but decided to wait an hour and make sure Joey was ok. Sure enough, 20 minutes later the nurse is calling, saying Joey needs to come home. I picked him up and brought him home. Told him to just try laying down for a while and if he's not better soon we would go to the Dr. He tried going potty, but when he couldn't even pull his pants up I decided that we weren't going to take any chances. This child is never sick. If he can't pull his pants up, something is wrong. So I dropped Ben off at Grandma's (very smart, trust me), and we headed to Immediate Care. There were seriously 20 people already waiting in front of us. Oh boy. So we waited patiently to get triaged, Joey moaning the whole time. We watched several people walk in and then right back out to wait again. When it was our turn we got to go straight to a room, because they were concerned about appendicitis. Phew, I'm not being paranoid. Except as soon as the Dr came in, Joey started feeling better. He was goofing off and laughing as he was examined. (Even during the rectal exam. He said "oh, he poked my poop!") They still decided to do many tests: x-ray, blood test, pee test, and even strep test. Nothing showed up so far, and he seems fine now. He just thought we should have a little adventure today, apparently. And, just like every other time something happens, Daddy is in New Jersey.

No comments: