Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Saturday was our all-day genealogy meeting, so not much to report from that. It was the last one until fall, though which is kind of a relief.
Sunday was the March for Babies. It was a perfect day for a walk on the bike path, and Camille's family was able to come and walk as well. Let me tell you, walking 4 miles while lugging a wagon full of rowdy boys is not easy! When we got to the one mile marker I thought there must be some mistake. Surely we had walked at least 3 miles by then. The hardest part was that last mile. My feet hurt, my hips hurt, the boys were getting restless, we somehow got stuck between a big group of teenagers.... but we finished and I was so happy to have done something 1. To help babies in general, and 2. To honor baby Camille.
They fed us hot dogs for lunch and then we headed home so Daddy could do yard work. I tried to get Ben to lay down for a nap while Joey and Daddy were outside, but the only person sleeping was me. At 5 I started making dinner and had Joey come in to wash up. At that point I realized that he had been out in the sun for about 8 hours. By now you know that I am not that diligent Mamma who puts sunscreen on her child every time he goes out. So he is a bit sunburned. But he looks pretty cute with his little red cheeks. (Is it ok to say that?) Part of the reason he stayed out for so long is the new swingset. We got a swing and a set of rings at Menards this week, and he finally learned to pump his legs to make the swing go. He could swing for hours all by himself. And Ben, who I've always thought of as my athletic one, seems to have quite a bit less endurance than his brother. I've been worrying that his little lungs have some damage from all that wheezing he did the first 3 years of his life.
So today I think we;ll head to the park since it is a nice day again, then after Joey goes to school Ben and I will head to the Dr. I have lots of questions and concerns, and hopefully she can address some of them. I have gone back to thinking that the problem is mostly with his parents and needing consistency, but I also don't think it will hurt to get him checked out.
Hubby is headed to New Jersey for work for two days, and I was supposed to have Bunco tomorrow night so it looks like I'll be home alone instead:( Tomorrow and Wednesday we have field trips to the library, Thursday and Friday we get ready for Mother's Day, and then I have only one more week until our end of the year program. I've discovered that the end of the year is very stressful. There is so much to do in such a short period of time. And as soon as we're done with school, Daddy leaves for England for two weeks. I hope everyone is still alive when he gets back!
So I don't really celebrate Cinco de Mayo, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.
Happy Monday anyway.

No comments: