Thursday, May 29, 2008

Yay!!


It's here!! My Cricut arrived in the mail today and I have been checking it out. I can see already that I am going to have to spend more money to really enjoy it, but there are a few things I can do right now.

Ben really just liked the packing peanuts that came in the box. I let him play while I opened my new toy.

Unfortunately they are very static-y and it was a big mess to clean up. They were in his clothes, his ears, all over the kitchen. Then he decided to start breaking them into teeny tiny static pieces.
Oy. At least he had fun:)



And here is me playing my pink guitar. (Or trying anyway). Don't ya love it?

Now I'm waiting for some purchases to arrive from Creating Keepakes and from Dick's Sporting Goods (I had a gift card - I got a heart rate monitor and some new crocs.)


Last night and Tuesday night I had some training for my new summer job. I really cannot wait to get started. I am going to be working with inclusion services for the Park District, so basically I get to play with kids outside all day. My kind of job. At training, though, I realized that most people who need a summer Park District job are either just out of high school or still in it. I felt a little old. All of the coordinators are about 20, maybe. And they're guys. And they're goofy. Should be interesting.

4 comments:

Jacque said...

I laughed so hard at the picture of Ben with the peanuts stuck to his head!! Thanks for making my day!

Sarah Doyle said...

So glad it arrived safely! I was so worried after my experience with paying without paypal! keep us posted on your new creations:) and cartridge purchases as it is an addiction.lol!

Candi Tardio said...

love the pink guitar ;)
so glad your new toy arrived!!! have fun creating!

Candi Tardio said...

love the pink guitar ;)
glad your new toy arrived!!! have fun creating!