Thursday, May 22, 2008

Updates

Carol had a better day yesterday. The numbers that need to come down are coming down, she is responding to pain, and she fluttered her eyes like she was trying to wake up. The family is able to go in the room with her now and talk to her and touch her. (Did I tell you that they had to look at her through a window for 3 days?) Graduation and programs went well. It was crazy how many people came to graduation. We have a pretty big sanctuary and it was overflowing (and HOT). It was a lot of fun, though, especially since I was not responsible.

Today hubby takes off for his trip to England. He's really nervous about his flight over the ocean. I'm starting to feel like I'm really going to miss him. We haven't been apart for this long in the 14 years we've been together. (Yesterday was our 14 year anniversary. Do you think we did anything? Nope, too much going on.) His Uncle has been here the last few days visiting before they leave. Uncle has not really ever been around kids too much, so he is really overwhelmed with the energy level in our house. I just sit back and watch as he tries to corral Ben. Of course the boys love him and so they climb all over him. Today they wanted him to make their breakfast even though I was standing right there.

Tomorrow Grandma is watching the boys so I can go into Chicago with the girls for dinner and shopping. I can't wait. I plan to spend some money while daddy is gone and here is my perfect opportunity.

Ok It's awfully quiet upstairs. I better go tend to the yahoos.

No comments: