Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Bad News, Good News

The Leese household has been having sooo much fun the last few days. Our basement flooded. Again. For the third time. Saturday morning we all got up and took baths and showers, and I was doing laundry because we would be busy the rest of the day (good news section). I walked into the laundry room at one point and was suddenly ankle deep in water. AAAHHHH!!!! Not too much is ruined, but it did get on the carpet in the play area right where all the stuffed animals lay. Darnit we might have to throw some out. Well, we figured it was just because we overloaded the drain so I cleaned it up and Sunday morning I started another load of laundry. Nope- flooded again. Well great, now we need to call someone and actually pay to have something fixed- not something we do often at this house. Bill decided to try pouring drain cleaner down and running a snake through it. It seemed fine so today I started yet another load of laundry and watched to make sure it drained. So far so good. Then Bill gets home from work and it's flooded again. This time it seems to be the toilet. So now we really did call someone but they won't be here until tomorrow at 8, and I reeeaalllyyy need to take a shower before then. So if anyone sees me tomorrow, don't get too close cause I'll be havin a pretend bath.

So enough yucky stuff. Saturday we had our genealogy meeting and I am going to be Vice President of our society. Yay. I have fun at these meetings and it is nice to be appreciated.

Sunday Bill's Dad and family came to visit for a short time. We don't get together often enough with all of our busy schedules, but it was nice seeing everyone. Joey and Ben love it because their Aunt and Uncles are young enough to still enjoy rolling around on the floor with them. Of course, Grandpa tried it too, but he got kicked in the chin and that was the end of that. After they left we went to the Office store and finally bought a new desk chair (our old one was in two pieces under the desk). We got a really nice one that is more comfortable than the couch. Now I can sit at the computer for hours and be all cozy comfy.

Yesterday Joey didn't have school so the three of us ran errands all morning. We went to Target to buy a new table, Kohls to get a tree to hang my OUAF keys on and a Thanksgiving decoration, the library, the toystore to window shop for Christmas, and then we rounded it all off with a trip to McDonalds play area.

Tonight was Bunco night. My throat hurts from screaming. We get so excited, and it is so much fun. I won $35 for having the most wins! (Actually it was a tie, but I won the roll-off!) I never win anything:)

We've left two messages with the owner of Swanson's and they have not even called us back, so they apparently don't want our business and we are now back to looking for a decent vacuum. Needless to say I am very disappointed in their customer service and will not be recommending them. The thing is, I like when local businesses do well, and I believe it is because of service.

My grateful list for today: down comforters, changing leaves, cool weather, libraries, God, medication, comfort food, and pumpkin (pie, ice cream, bars, whatever as long as it's pumpkin)

No comments: