Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Updates

Apparently I forgot to let everyone know that yes, indeed the flood was cleaned up and taken care of in the basement. The problem was the same as 5 years ago (the day we got home from the hospital after having Joey). The tree roots in the front yard start growing down in the pipes and eventually cause a clog. The roto-rooter guy put the scare in Bill at first saying that it was going to cost alot of money and take alot of time and effort. He did end up having to go down the manhole in the street, but it wasn't as bad as anticipated. He got done in a couple of hours, and $135 later he was out the door. He did warn us that getting it cleaned out every 2 to 3 years is better than waiting 5 years between visits. Catastrophe could have been avoided. Hopefully we'll remember that before next time.

And I did finally talk to the owner of Swanson's. He was a bit defensive, didn't offer to make things better, and told me that the person would not be getting in trouble but he would be sure to "handle it." That wasn't good enough for me, so we will not be shopping there. We looked in consumer reports and they recomended the Eureka Boss Smartvac, so that's what we got. So far it seems great. Lots more attachments than I'm used to.

Okay two posts in one day is more than enough. Oh wait, I need some gratitude:

I am thankful for the world wide web, for my new good friends at WBCGS, for bonuses, and for naughty children other than my own (it's nice to know I'm not alone sometimes).

1 comment:

Sarah Doyle said...

glad that it wasn't too bad of a problem. Whenever something like that goes wrong and you can't fix it, worry sets in but that should still allow for the big tv, right? Good luck this weekend. I hope to pop by.