Sunday, November 25, 2007

Turkey, Turkey, Turkey

We got home late last night from all our Thanksgiving travel. We had a great time and nobody got hurt. Thursday we went to Aunt Nancy's. It was a small crowd this year as other families take turns with their in-laws, but the food was delicious and the boys had kids to play with. Thursday night and Friday morning Bill went shopping for Black Friday deals. He was really wanting a good laptop deal so he camped out at Comp USA from 2 am, but unfortunately he was behind 2 too many people to get it. He bought some other small stuff and came home for a nap. Then we headed up to Janesville to my Mom's. She has a Golden Retriever puppy named Gus. He is huge and eats everything. The kids loved it, and Ben did not have an asthma attack with his new meds. YAY! I'm so happy to not have to worry every time we go somewhere. Another yummy meal and then Nana was ready for us to leave. (I think she is used to her peace and quiet, which my boys do not relate to.) We drove 3 hours up to my Dad's and spent some quality time there. They live in such a small town (pop 300), that they were able to take us down to the local restaurant and introduce us to their friends who happened to all be there too. We stayed the night and I got to listen to the trains go by every twenty minutes (that's the other thing- they live right next to the train tracks). Saturday morning we got up and Dad had to go ref some basketball games so we went to the next town (pop 4000) to go to the library and a movie. The library so I could research my Dad's wife's first husband's family for her kids. {Sounds kinda weird, but he died and the kids are interested so I'm doing it.} And we had to stop at Cabela's, but it was tiny compared to the new one in Hoffman Estates so we just stayed for a minute. On the way back we stopped at Walmart hoping to still find a laptop deal, and I've had my eye on a new camera. No purchases there, but when we got back to Dad's house dear hubby got on the computer and ordered my camera for me. I can't wait- 7.2 megapixels and 10x optical zoom here I come. It also has anti-shake so I hope for less blurry pictures when I'm in a hurry. One more yummy turkey dinner and we were on our way home. Got home about 11, hubby went back online to try to find his computer, went to bed and got up this morning to try to find his computer. Still looking. Cyber Monday is tomorrow. Wishing him luck.
So now that we were out of town, I only have today to get Christmas decorations up. The kids have been begging to get them out, so that is what we will be doing all day (along with a quick trip to the grocery store- we have no milk).

No comments: