Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Field Trips, YAY!

I had three field trips in two days to the Discovery Center this week. It was actually a really fun time, despite 15 three-year olds doing the same thing three times. As a grown-up, I think I might have a better time than the kids. I went down the mouse holes with all three classes (only two classes really appreciated this), played in the park, solved puzzles, did all the body activities, and nothing is broken. I'll have bruises on my knees later from crawling on the floor, but it was worth it. The only little problem was my fault. Yesterday I decided to give blood on my way home and it left me feeling pretty weak for some reason. So I got just a tad light-headed when I was climbing around in the mouse holes. That would have been fun to explain to the kids: "Yeah Mrs. Leese got tired and just fell asleep while she was climbing. Look at that cool ambulance!" The kids of course showed a different personality around their parents than they usually do at school. Basically they acted like Ben acts every day. Which made me feel a little better.
Ben also got his flu shot yesterday. I know he's tough, but I was pretty impressed when he didn't cry as he got poked. He just said "ow, ow, ow, ow," and then was done. Big boy.
Joey is super excited about going hunting with Daddy this weekend. He has been counting down the days. I'm thinking there might be a story from this experience. More on that later.

No comments: