Thursday, November 15, 2007

Not one of my better days

I try not to complain. Life is usually actually pretty good, and I'm not having an episode or anything, but today has not been good. First I got up this morning and my throat was sore and flegmy (ok I don't know how to spell that or even if it's a word). I remember coughing last night so I'm sure I didn't sleep well. Got the kids up and got ready for work. Ben goes with me today so I had to get him ready, too. At school today we were making totem poles, which was fun for the kids, but a mess for me. It involved squirting liquid watercolors into empty bottles and of course at some point I squirted blue all over one of the few pairs of pants that I like right now (they used to be green). Whatever. Then the kids just destroyed the room so we had early clean-up time. I bent over to put something on the floor and stood up right into the corner of the cabinet door. Ouch. Oh ouch. So I'm just standing there holding my head with my eyes watering and noone notices. For like a whole minute. Finally one of the kids looks at me and says "What happened?" I said I hurt myself but they had already walked away. We're going to work on empathy next. Then today was my hair appointment, which is usually a cause for celebration, but not when you have a big lump on your head. And tomorrow is the Brad Paisley concert and we do not have tickets for the sold-out show. Real sad about that. So today is just one of those days. Right now I'm typing this when I should be playing with my kids who are pounding each other. GGRRRR.

Lets see, do I have anything positive to report? Nope, don't feel like it right now. Hope everyone is having a better day than me.

No comments: