Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fun Times

Last night was scrap night/girls night out. I worked on something new- some large tags that I'm putting pictures of all the boys' different facial expressions on. I didn't get much done, but I had a great time catching up and laughing about the funny stuff we can't put on our blogs. I'm so glad to be able to be part of this group and have friends who are not just co-workers. (Something new for me.)

Today I have been married for 7 years. I have to say that there is no 7-year itch in this family. We are closer than we have ever been. We laugh together more than ever, support each other, and have hobbies that we actually enjoy doing together. I'm not saying that it's perfect (we'll work on what is and is not appropriate for wiping children's noses:), but I look forward to spending the rest of our lives together and seeing how much fun we can learn to have. I love you, honey, and I hope you have a chance to read and appreciate this.

I think for our anniversary we are going to go shopping! 'Cause we really haven't been doing enough of that lately ($463 at Walmart!). Joey is now outfitted for hunting. We got a camo coat, snowpants, boots, mittens, and a blaze orange hat. Then Ben had to get something so we got him a blaze orange ski mask and Spiderman slippers. He runs around saying "I'm a ninja!" And we finally got a vacuum (not at Swanson's thank-you very much). Consumer reports rated the Eureka Boss really high, so Walmart saved us yet again. And THEN we had to go over and get groceries for Bill's new diet. The doctor informed him that his tryglicerides level put him at a 50% greater risk for heart disease and recommended the South Beach Diet. Lots of meat and veggies, no carbs, low fat. Not too difficult, but not what we had in the house. So after all that, the total was $463. Oy was that difficult to stomach. But we're back at it today because we need a new dryer and Bill has his eye on a big screen TV.

Happy Veteran's Day. Remember our heroes today.

1 comment:

Candi Tardio said...

thanks again for my new scrap goodies!!!