Monday, April 28, 2008

100th Post


Yesterday was a surprisingly good day after the start we had. I woke up crabby and found out my boys had Pizza Ranch without me Saturday night. Then it was supposed to rain/snow all day and I did not want to be stuck inside the house. Well...it started out sunny, and at noon it was still sunny, so we headed downtown to the Heritage Run. Ti-ti was running the 10k and we registered the boys for the 1/2 mile fun run. It stayed sunny if a little cool. The boys got plenty of running around time, Ti-ti did good in her race, and they loved their race. Joey came in at 5:51 and Ben did 7:24. Ben got a little pooped at the end, but he stuck with it.

Then....we came home and the boys helped Daddy in the yard while I got to shopping by myself. And did I go shopping! It was recommended to me that Kohl's was having great clearance, plus I love that store so I started there. Well, the clearance pants were picked over and there was not one pair my size, but I picked up a couple shirts and then checked out the regular sale. Wow. Some of the stuff was 65% off. So I started grabbing shirts, capris, shorts, .... Went to the fitting room which is not usually very much fun, but it was great! Everything fit- size 14 pants and large shirts, my tummy wasn't hanging out and I actually felt kinda pretty. (Gasp) The only thing I put back was the bermuda shorts. Still not happening. Wish they would go away. THen I went over to shoes since I've been wearing the same tennies for like 2 years. Found a good pair of Nikes for $40 and decided that I had quite a pile and better be done. Yep, $200 on the Kohl's charge. I don't know if that's ever happened. And I didn't get a single thing for anyone else.

So that was my fun day. I see that it is snowing this morning, grrr. We have allergist appointments in a bit and then a playdate. Gotta keep busy so they don't drive me up a wall.

No comments: