Thursday, January 3, 2008

Did You Know I'm Royal?

It was back to work and school today. Actually it went rather well. Ben didn't want to wake up at 7, but really neither did I. The kids were anxious to tell me everything from the break, so it was a little noisy but otherwise they were good and I had missed them. It was nice to see everyone again. Joey was getting ready for the bus and said he had really missed his teacher, too. He has the greatest kindergarten teacher. I'm glad he likes her. Except she is a Packers fan, so he comes home and tells us about that. He almost wants to be a Packers fan just to make his teacher happy. Not quite, though. He also veers toward the Vikings because Grandpa Scott and Ti-ti are fans.


Tonight is Bunco. Yay! 24 moms get together and eat, then scream at the top of our lungs over this dice game. It is so much fun. Can't wait. Oh, and we win money. Last time I won $40. Woo-hoo.


I found out that Shedd Aquarium is free next weekend, so thinking about dragging the family there. The only way we would go is for free. It is way too expensive otherwise, but I think the kids would really enjoy it. We took them to the Field Museum a couple years ago but Joey was bored. We'll wait a few more years to try that again. And I remember going to the Museum of Science and Industry and really liking it, but I think they should be a little older for that too.


Last night I was actually doing some family tree research and discovered Ancestry's new content- passport applications for all of the 1800's. I didn't find any for my direct ancestors, but here is one from a cousin. Really cool. Some of them even had photos attached. I'm hoping with some more digging to find one for one of my direct ancestors. Somebody had to have traveled during that time. It also reminded me how fun it is to do research. I've been away from it so long and feel like all my lines are dead ends. I really need to take another look and get back into it. The excitement of finding a new ancestor is like winning a huge contest. I do really love it. Oh man, am I a nerd or what?
I don't think I've mentioned on here the famous connections I have made. On my Dad's side, we are related to President Bush and the Wilson brothers from the Beach Boys. Also the founder of The Seventh Day Baptists in the 1600's in Rhode Island. And we have royal ties in England.
On my Mom's side we descend from a family on the Mayflower. And there is a historic site in Indiana with my ancestors' first home in the US.

No comments: