Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Old Movies and Babysitters

I am sooo sore today. It hurts to move anything. So I just did a 15 minute stretch. But I'm twitching to get back to it, and I've already been shopping for the new Tae bo set. That's how I do things. Jump in running. I get almost to the point of being obsessed with it. Whatever works to get this flab off, though.
Today was a bit crazy because my babysitter/MIL called in sick at 6 o'clock this morning. We kept saying we needed a backup, but of course never figured one out. So I ended up calling our friend Amy who stays at home with her kids. I woke her up, oops, but she watched the kids for me at the last minute. And she said they were good! I ended up working the morning, but got a sub for the afternoon so I could get Joey to school and I didn't want to take advantage of Amy. I rushed over to pick the kids up after my morning class, picked up Burger King for them on the way home (I had a grilled chicken sandwich- no fries), and shoved Joey onto the bus. Then Ben and I had a relaxing afternoon off. Ben watched a new Backyardigans movie we got from Netflix while I tried to finish my latest book.
It's funny. We've been getting the kids movies that we used to watch when we were young. They've seen Home Alone, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and The Neverending Story the last few weeks. Certainly some reminiscing from Mommy and Daddy watching those. And the boys really liked them. Now they want Home Alone 2 but my memory tells me it wasn't nearly as good. We'll also have to get Goonies and Short Circuit.
Off to finally finish that book. Good Night.

No comments: