Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Crazy Week

Sorry for the bad blogger. I think I am ready to update from this crazy week now.

Friday- I drove myself into Chicago for my OUAF training. I knew going in that I would only know one other person there and I was determined not to cling to her. I was very nervous and did not stop for lunch. When I got there, my one new recruit was there so I sat and talked with her. Then came all the training which was very exciting for me, but boring for you. We had a prime rib dinner, yum, and then we all changed into jammies and talked in the lobby of the hotel. I slept on the couch of the room my only "buddy" had gotten.

Saturday we got up and had a yummy buffet breakfast. The French toast was to die for. Especially after 3 weeks of dieting. Then more exciting training. I got soo many ideas for boosting sales and sharing our message with more families. We also have a new motto: "Happy homes don't just happen." We are all about being intentional with our families.

Saturday evening I drove home and the boys were out having dinner at Machine Shed so I had an hour to calm down before I saw them. They got home and I was on the computer catching up. I said I had just gotten home a little bit ago and Joey said "Yeah right, you've been on the computer the whole time." Daddy about fell on the floor laughing. I guess I have a bit of a computer addiction. I am getting help. Soon.

Sunday Daddy was gone all day. We did some house cleaning and I worked out twice. That felt good. Just mostly a lazy day.

Now for Monday. Black Monday. I had a couple of girls from my mom's group bring their kids over for a playdate. It went pretty well and I was able to share my excitement for OUAF with Cindy. She booked a show, yay! But when she went to leave...(Side note- we have a double wide driveway, but it is narrower at the end and there is a fire hydrent right next to it.) yes, she backed right into the fire hydrant. Popped her tire and scraped the whole side of her new car. OMG. I wanted to die. We both felt like it was our fault. I should have warned her, she should have looked, etc, etc. Of course it was no ones fault, but oy, now she has to get her car fixed. Daddy came home from work to change her tire for her, and then she was back on the road. Ben and I left to run to the library and then to Michaels. I got a bunch of fun books at the library that I can't wait to dig into. Then I just headed down N 2nd to Springcreek to cut over to Mulford. We got off the ramp onto Springcreek and had to stop because of the red light and there was an ambulance going by. We were just about to start going again when I looked up in my rearview mirror and there was a car quickly filling my view. I had enough time to think I should move but not enough time to do it when BAM. I hit my head on the headrest but it didn't really hurt. I turned around right away and asked Ben if he was ok. He said "Yes, but what did we hit, Mommy?" I said someone hit us, honey. I got out after a minute and the driver was already writing down his info. I called the police. They arrived in about 30 seconds (but just by coincidence. He was pulling someone else over.) Then I called my husband and he had to leave work for the second time in one day. He came right away and took Ben home. Ben thought he was at some kind of party where we play in the streets and I was getting really nervous with all that traffic. The cop had us sit in his squad car while he took all of our info, then let me go. I drove straight home but with my eye on the rearview the entire time. I just could not believe that we had two accidents in one day. There was seriously a black cloud over us.
So DH had me make an appointment for the Dr the next day just to make sure we were ok. Ben was fine but I have whiplash. My neck is really stiff and sore, I have a headache and I keep getting dizzy. They did x rays just to be sure nothing was broke, then sent me home with muscle relaxers and ibuprofen. The muscle relaxer makes me sleepy and I feel weird so I'm trying not to take it. But my head and neck are still pretty sore. They hope I'll feel better in about a week. Meanwhile there is no way I can work out like this so I'm worried that I am getting off track. And the whole experience of the last 3 days has left me feeling crabby, which I can't relieve with exercise so I'm getting more crabby. Probably I shouldn't be around people until I feel better.

So that has been my week. This weekend is our genealogy meeting and next weekend is scrap weekend, yay. If I can just make it to that I'll be ok.

2 comments:

Sarah Doyle said...

so sorry about the accident with you and squish.. hope you are okay. Loved Joey's comment! and yes, we are addicted:)
get rest so you are readt for our wekend away next week already. See ya soon

Jacque said...

Crazy! Remind me not to drive anywhere near you! JK! Glad you're all ok, bet Ben had a lot to talk about after that. Take Care of you.