Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Uh-oh

After Joey gets on the bus on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Ben and I take Grandma home and then run any errands we need to do (today it was library and Walmart for OJ and doilies). This afternoon when I got home, I could hear someone finishing up a message on the machine. I checked caller id- Joey's school. Uh-oh. Pushed play- "This is the principal. Please call back. Joey had an incident on the bus this morning and we have to assign him a seat." Oh crap. What happened? My first thought is that someone messed with him. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's completely innocent, but I also don't picture him as a bully. So I called back- yes my child hit another boy and made him bleed. Horror. I am just in shock. Now I am waiting for him to get off the bus and tell me what happened. He is soo grounded. I still think someone probably instigated, but that is no excuse for hitting. What has gotten into him? Now I'm worried that when his progress report comes home Friday there is going to be a note about behavior.
Joey has always preferred to play by himself and I have always worried about him making friends. He is not reassuring me right now! He doesn't come home and tell me about friends he plays with. When we go to other people's houses, he either plays by himself or with adults. How can I teach my child to make friends? Raising children is a fine art that I am feeling very unqualified for lately.

Diet department: I took yesterday off partly because I had no time and partly because everything was sore. So much for just my calves hurting. Today I did 45 minutes of lower body Tae bo. And I know I'm a scale addict, but I can admit that and still go on with my life. How can I not get on when I'm seeing these great numbers right now. I have already lost 5 pounds! I'm back down to my pre-holidays weight and less than 30 to go.

2 comments:

Sarah Doyle said...

so excited for you on the exercise and weight loss. We are all so motivated. love it:)

Candi Tardio said...

man...we are all going to be smokin' hot!!! lol
way to go girl :]